How to Repair WordPress Database
Since you know now the common causes of database problems, you’re going be asking this question “How to Repair WordPress Database”? Database tables tend to crash quite frequently. However, optimizing & repairing them is an effective solution through which you can put an end to such a situation.
Here is a detailed guide containing all the reasons behind this issue, benefits of doing it, how you can fix the issue and How to Fix Corrupted WordPress Database & repair MySQL database via phpMyAdmin as well.
Whichever steps you’ll be taking to repair your database, you should always start by taking a backup of your site. Use a backup plugin such as VaultPress, BackupBuddy, InfiniteWP, BackUpWordPress or BackWPUp or go to your hosting provider interface and take a manual backup via Phpmyadmin. Our Managed WordPress hosting automatically backs up WordPress sites every day, but you can also take a manual backup or increase the frequency if you need to.
Use Database Repair Plugins
When it comes to WordPress database repair , there are plugins that could really help you
This option is to instruct WordPress to fix any issues with your database. You do this by adding a line in your “wp-config.php” file.
Open the file and find this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
Add this line immediately above that line:
define (‘WP_ALLOW_REPAIR’, ‘true’);
Now, save your wp-config.php file and close it.
The next step is to visit the database repair page. You’ll find this at http://your-site.com/wp-admin/maint/repair.php. This will take you to the database repair page. You have two options here:
- Repair the database
- Repair and optimize the database
If you choose to optimize it as well, WordPress will run through your database tables and optimize them to make your site run more efficiently. Once you’re finished, don’t forget to remove the line that you just added to your wp-config.php file.
- First and foremost, you need to log into your cPanel or any control panel
- Look for the icon which called “phpMyAdmin” under database
- Make a selection of the database you are working on. You just need to click on it towards the left menu
- Towards the right side of the page, tables are listed. Hit “Check All” and choose “Repair Table” from the dropdown menu.
- This will refresh the page and you will have easy access to the summary of the tables, that was repaired.
- Again hit “Check All” and choose “Optimize table” from the dropdown menu. This will optimize it.
- Again this will refresh the page and you will have easy access to the summary of the tables, that was optimized.
If you’re using the ssh terminal to access your WordPress installation, you can use WP-CLI to repair the database. To do this, use the wp db repair command. This can be the quickest way to repair the database. Go to your wordpress folder and type in below.
$ wp db repair
Having a problem connecting to your WordPress database is a headache and can be exhausting. But if you follow the steps above, you should be able to repair it and get access again quickly.
Save time, costs and maximize site performance with us by contacting us.